Books on Brown Wooden Shelf

Resource Center

Below are resources that are avaialble to you. If you need an additional assistance, our ADRC navigator is there to help.

The Wyoming Aging and Disability Resources Center website is designed to help connect older adults and people with disabilities to a variety of helpful information and services. Our easy-to-use search engine can help you find what you’re looking for based on keyword, location, or type of service. Our extensive database of resources is unbiased, tailored specifically to Wyoming residents, and always growing.

Search resources

Looking for additional resources?

Below are resources that are available to you. If you need additional assistance, our ADRC navigator is here to help.

Abuse and Crisis Related Questions

Woman Sitting with Hands Covering Her Face

ADRC Wyoming's most frequently asked question/s regarding abuse and crisis.

  • What should I do if someone is in emotional or mental health crisis?

    Mental Health Resources:

    Contact Wyoming Crisis Support:

    If you are concerned about a family member or loved one, call your local police department’s crisis intervention line or send a text message to the Crisis Line at 741-741.

  • How do I report the abuse, neglect or exploitation of an older person or a person with a disability?

    To report any type of abuse, neglect or exploitation, please go to:

    According to Wyoming law, everyone must report suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation of a child or vulnerable adult if they have reasonable cause to believe that it may be occurring. Child or adult abuse, neglect or exploitation has no boundaries according to sexual orientation, ethnic background, age, religion, disability, or gender, the reporting of abuse / neglect / exploitation of children and vulnerable adults is a 24-hour obligation.

    If the situation warrants, please contact the local police department for immediate assistance or dial 911.

  • I am worried that my neighbor is being abused by her caregiver. Where can I go to learn more about elder abuse?

    To learn about elder abuse and the signs associated with the mistreatment, visit the National Center on Elder Abuse at

    Research suggests that one in ten older adults experience some form of abuse in the US. Elder abuse can happen to anyone by anyone and can occur in multiple settings and can come in many forms including, financial, neglect, emotional and physical abuse and abandonment.

    Assistive Technology

    Code on a laptop screen

    ADRC Wyoming's most frequently asked question/s regarding assistive technology.

    • I need help with technology and home adaptations for my disability, who can I call?

      Wyoming Assistive Technology Resources (WATR) – WATR is Wyoming’s Assistive Technology Act program and a resource for all assistive technology (AT) needs in Wyoming. AT may be a device or solution that enhances an individual’s ability to live, play, or work independently. AT can take the form of a device, tool, or adaptation that supports a person when participating in everyday activities and settings.

      The Assistive Technology Act supports state efforts to improve the provision of assistive technology by providing states with financial assistance to implement State Level Activities and State Leadership Activities to meet the assistive technology needs of individuals with disabilities.

      Caregiver Related Questions

      Joyful adult daughter greeting happy surprised senior mother in garden

      ADRC Wyoming's most frequently asked question/s regarding caregiving.

      • How Can I Find Support Groups For Caregivers?

        Meeting the long-term care needs of loved ones who need help is often a demanding, around-the-clock job. Support and resources are available for Wyoming caregivers. You can visit to find out more about the different types of support available. Caregiver Action Network and the Family Caregiver Alliance are national organizations working to improve the quality of life for caregivers. Go to or for more information.

      • How can I get help in caring for someone if I need a break (respite)?

        Because being a caregiver for loved ones who need help can be emotionally, physically and financially exhausting at the same time it is also rewarding and important. Because of this, caring for yourself is one of the most important things you can do for you and your loved one. Respite care can help provide you with the vital time you need for yourself, family and friends. This time is so essential to your own mental health, and it may also help eliminate the possibility of harboring resentment toward the loved one you are caring for.

        For respite resources in your community, you can contact Wyoming 211 and speak to an ADRC (Aging & Disability Resource Center) navigator by calling 307-757-0222 or email You may also go to

        Disease Related Questions

        brown brain decor in selective-focus photography

        ADRC Wyoming's most frequently asked question/s regarding diseases.

          Miscellaneous Questions

          Devil’s Tower

          Miscellaneous questions asked of Wyoming ADRC.

          • I'm thinking of moving to Wyoming soon. Will my services move with me?

            Most long-term care services, particularly those funded by Medicaid, Older Americans Act dollars, or state/local dollars, will not cross state lines. You may have to reapply once you get to Wyoming. You can contact the ADRC Navigator at Wyoming 211 by calling 307-757-0222 or send an email to:

          • What options are out there to help me stay healthy?

            Taking care of your health, whether it be physical, mental or cognitive, is important for healthy aging. Here are a few resources to help guide you to a happy and healthy lifestyle.

            Third Age is a great website that offers ideas on living well, food, fitness, and so much more. Visit to get more information.

            MyHealthfinder,, is a website that contains tips and tools related to your health conditions, healthy living, doctors appointments and more!

   Has a lot of senior related articles. It also has information on health, money, leisure activities, family issues and an online community you can participate in and meet other seniors.

            Veteran Resources

            man wearing white uniform saluting

            ADRC Wyoming's most frequently asked question/s regarding veteran resources.

            • What is the "Aid and Attendance" benefit for veterans that I've heard about? Am I eligible?

              VA Aid and Attendance benefits provide monthly payments added to the amount of a monthly VA pension for qualified Veterans and survivors. If you get a VA pension and you meet at least one of the requirements listed below, you may be eligible for this benefit:

              • You need another person to help you perform daily activities, like bathing, feeding, and dressing, or
              • You have to stay in bed—or spend a large portion of the day in bed—because of illness, or
              • You are a patient in a nursing home due to the loss of mental or physical abilities related to a disability, or
              • Your eyesight is limited (even with glasses or contact lenses you have only 5/200 or less in both eyes; or concentric contraction of the visual field to 5 degrees or less)

              To find out if you are eligible, please go to:

            • Am I eligible for veteran's services or benefits?

              The US Department of Veterans Affairs administers veteran benefits programs. You can learn about specific benefits on their website at

     is the government website located in Cheyenne, Wyoming, however they cover the entire state of Wyoming for benefit information.